1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lil' Jeffy Wilpon to Mets fans: You and your memories mean nothing to me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 25, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Jay Horwitz just cackled and has no idea why...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Then you're good.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Welcome, friend. :D

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Can I ask why?

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

To be fair, Beej, he is letting you buy it from him.

http://mets.auction.mlb.com/

Buy back a piece of history, Mets fans!

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

While everyone else in that story seems to be sad Shea is going, Jeff can't wait for it to get torn down so they can move into their shiny new stadium.

That's the way it comes across to me, at least.

8. imjustagirl

And...he's a businessman. I'd rather them raze it in one day so I don't pay people to do it for three months too.

Jesus. He doesn't owe everyone the opportunity to come in and take a piece of the park.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

As a Mets fan since their inception, I'm not at all sad to see Shea go.

Funny how the dickhead who has been calling Shea a dump for a few years suddenly is nostalgic for the place because "L'il Jeffy" says the place is a dump.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I, too, think it's odd. But I think as bad as some places are, I think as it comes to an end there comes a "Yeah, it was a dump. But it was our dump," sentiment that starts to grow.

Hell, that might happen to Tropicana Field if and when the Rays get a new stadium approved.

11. imjustagirl

I know, GB. It happened in Cleveland with Municipal Stadium. What a shithole that place was.

But you can't fault an owner who already has a new place next door trying to make sure shit gets done. The seats have been on sale for months, and they've barely sold half. It's not like nostalgia is running rampant.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wow, really? Are they going as overboard as the Yankees on prices, hence the lack of sales?

Or are they waiting for a real bullpen to be assembled?

Draft saved Draft deleted