1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Like Mike, I wanna be like Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Apr 14, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just kidding... he's fucked and deserves what he gets....

Jordan Divorce Most Costly Ever: Forbes

Fri Apr 13, 6:01 PM ET

Divorce has its price and no celeb, it appears, knows that better than Michael Jordan.

The basketball superstar's split last December from his wife of 17 years, Juanita, is No. 1 on Forbes.com's list of "The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces."

Juanita Jordan could possibly "get more than $150 million in a settlement, making the Jordan divorce the most expensive in entertainment history," Forbes said.

Neil Diamond, whose 1995 divorce from Marcia Murphey cost him an estimated $150 million, holds second place.

Steven Spielberg comes in third for paying his ex-wife Amy Irving an estimated $100 million, which was then half his fortune, when they divorced in 1989. The Oscar-winning director is now worth $3 billion.

Also making the list are estimated settlements between Harrison Ford and Melissa Mathison ($85 million); Kevin Costner and Cindy Silva ($80 million); Paul McCartney and Heather Mills, whose divorce could cost him more than $60 million; James Cameron and Linda Hamilton ($50 million); Michael and Diandra Douglas ($45 million and two homes); Lionel and Diane Richie ($20 million); and Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall ($15 to $25 million).

Forbes said they researched divorces of the last 25 years in compiling the list, which was posted Thursday on its Web site.

The results are also the subject of a one-hour special to air Saturday (6 p.m. EDT) on the E! Entertainment Network.

___

2. Maybe he and Scottie Pippen can create their own team ...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They havent?

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Like I said at the time: Buh-bye, Mike Jordan NBA owner.

After this, that's ALL over.

Wilbon, you on this?

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Sometimes I dream,
    that he is me.
    Like Mike,
    If I could be like Mike.

Juanita gold-dug Reggie T,
    and Mike still got hooked.
    Like Mike,
    Pay $150 MM like Mike.

6. boots

boots New Member

Mike should know this song.
    It's cheaper to keep her by the late great Johnny Taylor.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

And if you aren't going to keep her, you better not take her in the first instance.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

8. boots

boots New Member

The worst one of all could be Kobe. When his wife divorces him, and she could cite adultery, his ass is going to be hung.
    I personally took a lesson from Lionel Richey. His first wife beat the shit out him and his girlfriend. She divorced him and got half the loot.
    Richey married the girlfriend and now she's divorcing his ass. That means he only has a quarter of the loot he had. That's fucked up.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I ain't sayin' she a gold digger,but she ain't messin wit no broke.....

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Lionel, Lionel. *sigh*

Kobe is an absolute fool. Getting married so early, when he had like ZERO experience with women.

Gets himself in trouble in CO. Already paid $2 MM+ for that, and like you said, he's got that 'ticking clock' of adultery over him at any time.

That guy is dumb. D-U-M-B. People wonder why I drill on him so much.

Have you seen some of the choices this guy has made?

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

At the Juanita level, not many are messing with broke... :)

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I really don't care about the divorce discussion.

Just wanted to see the commercial again:

One of the most memorable jingles ever written.

Draft saved Draft deleted