1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lights Out on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 14, 2011.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the premiere of this show? Watched it on DVR last night, and while it is a bit of a Rocky retread, it sucked me in, especially with the montage while he was talking to his daughter at the end.

Didn't like that they seemingly want to use the "What happened in the guy's last round" thing as a cliffhanger, but I'll deal. And, judging by the preview clips, these two guys aren't going to actually box, but fight in some kind of cross between an Octagon and the underground ring in the Kickboxer movies. But the premiere did enough to get me more interested than anything else on TV this season.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Watched it, thought it was pretty good. Reviews have been good and it supposedly will be getting much better (after the pilot). However, ratings were 1.5M for opener, which wasn't strong.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm pissed at FX for canning Terriers. So fuck this show for the immediate future.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

While, I, too am pissed about how FX dealt with "Terriers," I don't get taking it out on another of their shows. It's not like "Lights Out" replaced it. And it's not like if "Lights Out" tanks, they'll bring "Terriers" back. If anything, it would probably make FX skittish about taking a chance on a gritty show like "Terriers."

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I thought the subject line meant fx was going out of business.

Draft saved Draft deleted