1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lightning ax Tortorella

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Igor in CT, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Has Toronto ever hired an American as head coach?

2. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Exactly. That's why this is going to be a disaster. Barry Melrose is well-suited to being a TV personality, but a coach NOW, after all these years? No way.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not to my knowledge.

Leafs fan couldn't care if their next coach came from Khazakhstan as long as he could get the team in the playoffs.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

JR, no disrespect meant to you, but Jesus Christ couldn't get the Leafs into the playoffs.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So going to church all these years has been a total waste of time?

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I mean, if Paul Maurice couldn't, then what's the point of anyone else trying? :)

Back on topic, if nothing else, Torts would try to give Ottawa something it needs most: Heart.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought the same thing, but he'd be inheriting a truly terrible goalie tandem. I don't think he wants that again, which is why San Jose makes the most sense from where I sit.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Tortorella dealing with the Toronto media on a daily basis would be fun to watch.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, he has a bona fide starter in Toskala and a reclamation project for another team in Raycroft.

Goaltending isn't the problem with the Leafs.

Draft saved Draft deleted