1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Light the Hot Stove fires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Will D-Mat sign with the Sox or not? Boras says not if the Red Sox don't raise their offer.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Willy Taveras can put that speed to good use in Colorado now that he's been traded for Jason Jennings.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/12/12/bc.bbn.rockies.astrostr.ap/index.html

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Jason Hirsch just went from super-prospect to super-scary (in Colorado).

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder how much this helps Jennings. He gets out of Coors, but he's still in a hitter's park and he still won't get any run support.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

But his breaking balls will break.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Isn't Jennings a free agent at the end of 2007? Why would the Astros trade their top two pitching prospects and Tavares for Jason Jennings?
    It seems to me they should of just ponied up the extra $2 million and kept Pettitte.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Eric Gagne going to the Rangers (IF he passes the physical). What's this with washed-up Dodger pitchers going to Arlington?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That is, unless they were already in the ballpark with agent when it came to re-signing him.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Again, assuming he passes the physical, I think Gagne's for 1 year is a good risk.

Draft saved Draft deleted