1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life's cheap but special pleasures

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Playing catch in the backyard with eight-year-old Huggy Jr (if the weather ever gets better)

Sitting in the backyard on a Sunday in the summer with a cooler full of beer and a baseball game on the radio

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I used to love taking naps on a warm summer evening with a ballgame on TV in the background.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: pressmurphy is really Smoove B.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Watching television all day sunday with my laptop in front of me so i dont have to move to check ff scores.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Coming home from a long day and seeing that Dr. J missed me just as much as I missed him.

Coming home from a long day and seeing that Dr. J made me a hot chocolate with Baileys.

Finishing a display at work and knowing that it looks fantastic.

Finishing a story on Friday night after a 14-hour day and knowing that I have the rest of the weekend off.

Waking up with a cat curled up next to me.

Finding an extra beer/bottle of wine in the fridge.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Schadenfreude division:

Watching Duke basketball lose, especially on their home court.

Watching the Yankees lose, anytime, any place.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

1) Playing along to a simple rock song with an unplugged electric guitar, jumping around my box-sized efficiency.

2) The moment in a really good conversation when you look at the clock and realized four hours have almost instantaneously disappeared.

Draft saved Draft deleted