1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life's cheap but special pleasures

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 25, 2008.

1. pre fatherhood: sitting on the couch with a six pack of good beer and a full night of good sports on tv

Now that i'm a dad, it's sitting on the couch with my son asleep on my chest with a full night of good sports on the tv

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

1) Late September, when the weather is finally starting to cool, driving to a high school football game on a late Friday afternoon with the windows down. And an hourlong stretch of great songs comes on the radio, one after another, as the trip just flies by.
    2) Those first few dates with that special someone, when you're both falling for each other.
    3) Finding money in your pants pocket that you had forgotten was there
    4) Sleeping late on your day off, while you know the world is running all around you; or, similarly, being on vacation in a city and seeing the hustle and bustle while you get to enjoy the sights
    5) Falling asleep to the sound of a gentle rain, preferably with the windows open

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Both, with a nice all glass of milk . . . . .

M Lenten resolution each year is to stop not eating those delectable treasures.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sleeping naked, especially in the late spring or early fall when the mornings are just a bit on the cool side, but it's warm enough to leave your windows open to allow the breeze into your room. That's good stuff.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Also, sleeping naked next to your significant other. Nothing quite like thigh on thigh contact.

Sadly, this is something I can no longer do with the wife. Our dog sleeps in the bed with us. And she's the jealous type. I'm afraid she'll bite my wiener if we cuddle too long.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

This reminds me of a "Would You Rather..." question I read in a book at Barnes and Noble the other day.

Would you rather wake up with your penis in your dog's mouth or your dog's penis in your mouth?

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Would-You-Rather-Absolutely-Dilemmas/dp/0452278511 (There's the book)

7. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Sunday afternoons with my 6 and 5-year-old nephews. Nothing else comes close.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The feeling of a perfectly struck golf shot.

Of course, the clubs and the years of paying greens fees and for buckets of balls at the range makes this anything but cheap, but once that's all paid for, the feeling costs nothing.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're talking about the dog, right?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, just wow.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I've never been invited.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

that cracked me up.