1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life's cheap but special pleasures

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Playing a really good game of NBA Jam TE.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Pippen and Armstrong every day. Unbeatable.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They were good. But it's tough to top Mourning and Johnson. Sprewell and Gugliotta with the Warriors were a good underdog combo. Ewing, Oakley and Starks were pretty damn good, too. Then there were Robinson, Rodman and Elliot, which might be the best team.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Party at sportschick's house!!!!!!!

In Japan, there is a particular onsen (hot spring) I had the opportunity to visit when I was in the country a few years ago. In the city of Hanamaki in the northern part of the country, we went to an outdoor onsen (a rotenburo) where literally the snow was coming down as we enjoyed the absolute delight that is the Japanese hot spring resort.

The downside of course is that you have to be completely sans clothing and it wasn't co-ed. But it was cheap . . . ish.

So yeah, that's one of those simple pleasures in life that is pretty awesome.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Going for a walk in the afternoon during the summer or playing catch with my friends always got me through the days when I lived near my friends.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

(Disclaimer: This is actually the outline for a new Coors commercial).

7. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Reese's peanut butter Easter eggs ... I get misty eyed just thinking about them. Full disclosure: I just ate four.

And while they're not better than the actually act of having sex, what I have to go through to get sex (you're so pretty, nibble, nibble, have you lost weight, nibble, nibble, you know the dogs are outside), taking all that effort into consideration, I'd probably take a six-pack of the eggs.

8. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

Clearing marker #1, trimming sails, and pouring a cup of tea and sit back to enjoy a shimmering moonlit horizon that is all mine.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is marker #1 a sailing term?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

1. A hug or kiss from your children

2. Standing outside and feeling the calm, right before the summer thunderstorm hits.

3. When you're a kid, waking up and seeing snow outside and listening to the radio and finding out your school is closed.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like Cadbury eggs, too. But the Reese's are pretty much intoxicating.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If this were a novel, those things would set the reader up for some huge catastrophe, rumple.

Draft saved Draft deleted