1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life's cheap but special pleasures

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Right now I'm capping the evening with a glass of hot chocolate with whipped cream. Outside its 21 degrees.

This treat brought to mind this question: What of life's simple pleasures do you like the most? It's close between this and a lit fireplace or lemonade/vodka by the pool, which I don't have anymore. What's yours?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sitting in a hot tub outdoors when it's about 20 degrees outside. Absolute heaven

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

How do you pull THAT off?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, first off you have a hot tub on your deck. Then, when it's winter, you go out and sit in it.

I've done it in chalets we've rented for ski trips before. I always wonder what kind of electric bill there is to keep the water that warm in temperatures that cold.

5. I'm liking the new and improved Yawn.

It's like the more miserable Hilary Clinton is, the more normal Yawn becomes.

Someone beat Hilary with a stick and Yawn will be baking cookies and leading us all in song ...

6. sportschick

Um, open the cover after clearing away the snow.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How do you get back inside without losing all the warm fuzzies though?

8. sportschick

Oh you lose them, but the experience is well worth it.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks, wiseass. :D

But how do you even get in? You go out in your skivvies and freeze your nuts/tits off for a few brutal seconds? And as IJAG wonders, how the hell do you GET OUT without a.) dying of exposure and b.) losing all the fuzzies?

10. sportschick

If you can't make it from you door to the hot tub without freezing to death, you're a wuss who shouldn't be allowed to live, let alone get into a hot tub with the awesomeness that is me, dammit!

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Aw, now that's a simple pleasure I'd like to try, chick. :)

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Kum-ba-yah.....

Actually, it's that I've had it with politics. We've had an 18-month reality series to find the next president and we're left with three senators. I've given up. The system is taking us to hell for good. So amid certain disaster, it's like if you knew that the world was going to end in five minutes, what would you do? Other than one last quickie, I'd enjoy company.

Draft saved Draft deleted