1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life takes a turn for the weird

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 11, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Okay, so I've got a governor and a couple of senators who I have to deal with in the morning, so I really need some sleep.
    Some points before I depart and wonder where this will be in the morning.
    • I don't think anyone blasted me.
    • Much love to Cadet, who I think is a girl, but regardless, I like the point of view.
    • Do I like her? Yes. But do I like her to the point of thinking that she is the woman I will marry? No, or at least not yet. I don't think that is fair to me to start thinking that way at the two-week mark. And it doesn't seem fair to her either because if I don't become that guy, she's wasted her time. And the women folk are on the clock, if you know what I'm saying.
    This just isn't something I thought that I would be dealing with in my 30s. Early in college, maybe. Or even mid-20s, but good golly.

2. How do you know these two aren't compatable, including sexually?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

you either like her, or you don't. if not, homeboy, move on to a girl who's had sex and this isn't an issue.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you're not ready to get married, then bolt.
    If you like her for being her, then stay and see what happens.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, Jay obviously isn't gonna revirginate himself, so it's a case of if he's gonna try to persuade her.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And one final thing, I think.
    Dates are a tryout for the future, Flash is rock solid right.
    But in my view, dates are tryouts for another date, and then you see where it goes.
    It seems to me that in something like this, a date isn't so much a date as a husband tryout.
    I could be totally and horribly wrong.
    Not an expert.
    And, to Inky, yeah, sure.
    Good night, and good luck.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh God, yes, we're all just holding our breath waiting for the opportunity to breed. <rolling eyes>

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because she hasn't had sex yet!

Seriously: he seems pretty damn weirded out by her views. What makes you think they're any more compatible if they ever do get down to the dirty deed?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Unless she has made overtures toward marriage and children -- which you haven't mentioned that she has -- then chances are you are horribly wrong.

She's waited 34 years already. What in hell makes you think she wants to drop it all for some shmuck who wants to get laid?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Explains why your cheeks are blue ... ;)

11. I hope he won't try to persuade her.
    I hope he would either accept her for who she is and wait to see what happens, or tell her he can't be that guy (no shame in that) and move on.
    I think we would all agree with a point Jay has made -- it's not really fair to waste her time if he knows it won't work out.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You've got four options:
    1. Decide sex is a required part of a relationship for you, and end this one.
    B. Decide you like her enough to try her approach, thus becoming celibate while you continue the relationship.
    III. Decide you like her enough to continue the relationship and hope that she wants to try your approach.
    ~. Continue the relationship with her and find a woman who looks just like her with whom you can have sex.

Each approach would, of course, have its pros and cons.

Draft saved Draft deleted