1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life takes a turn for the weird

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 11, 2008.

1. I disagree. I'm saying if someone else's convictions bother them so much they won't date that person, they are being shallow or close-minded or xenophobic.
    "Good" was a poor choice of words on my part, but I think Jay is limiting himself.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

You might as well ask Lewis and Clark why they did it.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She's waited 34 years to get some ass.

She can wait a couple days while Jay gets his head around the bombshell she just dropped.

That said, in general, I agree. If you enjoy sex even a little bit, this isn't the girl for you.

Hit the road.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

He thinks she thinks of it as a 'husband tryout.' About the only dates that aren't tryouts for the future are one-offs.

Is it about dating and getting to know someone? Or is it about getting laid?

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It's not the convictions, its how they will affect you and your life. My co-worker wants to be a virgin? Fine, more power to him! The guy I'm dating wants to be a virgin? That directly affects me. Then I get to have a say in whether or not I'm OK with that, and make choices accordingly.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

What she said.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Isn't it usually about both?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice job, Flashie...

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

It might be a little weird, but there's a reason you've gone out five times. If this is your only hang up so far, I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Hell, she's got to be wondering if waiting 34 years is worth it, and you might have a wild one nearing her sexual peak.

10. I agree with that.
    But you just might miss out on your soul mate (or best potential spouse or whatever) if you're not willing to at least consider someone whose choices/convictions/etc. are different from yours.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jay, what if she hadn't dropped that bombshell on you? What if when y'all began getting hot-and-heavy she begged off by just saying she wasn't ready yet, would you go out with her again?

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Obviously not for everyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted