1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life Insurance. I Have None. Do You?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 15, 2009.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Reviving this thread since it's been 6 years and I am not sure if much has changed in the game of insurance buying.
    New York Life is offering me and my wife $500,000 each for $25/mo. with an option to add our son for $2/mo. for a $25,000 policy.
    A quick search through Geico and got a few numbers that come out to like $30/mo. for a $600,000 policy for me (would have to check for more info about adding my wife, child).
    We do all the other insurance through All-State, so I need to ask them what they can do for us...but does any of this sound good?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Uh, yeah, those numbers sound damn good. You're either young or in extremely good shape -- or both.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm still doing some shopping (and of course, those numbers will probably inflate after they find something...anything...wrong with me) but we are debating between doing a 10-year term and then bumping it up to universal coverage later or else maybe once we get some bills paid off just start paying in the new year. It would be $217/mo. to cover all 3 of us for the rest of one of our lives.
    Seems like a decent deal, especially since I am nearing middle-age.

Draft saved Draft deleted