1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life As We Know It (Moddy remains clueless, part whatever)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We discovered through Netflix another of those "celebrated" series that only made one season. The Queen, our son and I started watching Life As We Know It last night. First four shows were on the one disc we had. At this point, it is enjoyable but nowhere close to the league of Freaks and Geeks or Undeclared.
    Still, how do all these shows come and go and I never hear of them? I was not alone in that last night, though. For once I had some company in my cluelessness.
    Had anybody heard of this?

2. No. This show is unknown to me, and I used to watch a lot of TV.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

It's a good little show. I remember it being touted as kind of television version of American Pie.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hell, I'd never heard of Undeclared and I never watched Freaks and Geeks (watching it on Netflix now, I'm on disc 2, and it's OK...but I probably would have liked it better if I had seen it before they were Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, James Franco and Linda Cardellini).

I also have never heard of this show, but obviously, that's not saying much.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I see Kelly Osbourne was in it.

I think Kelly's Osbourne's "Shut Up" album is an overlooked gem of the 2000s. Perhaps she's good at that type of thing.

In related nonstunning news, she just entered rehab. Again: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magazine/20090124_Sideshow__Kelly_Osbourne_returns_to_rehab.html

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Isn't it a little early to be drunk, TSP? ;D

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, it was afternoon when I posted.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Here's one of the user reviews through Netflix. It seems it was very poorly scheduled, though it also isn't as good as the other two as I said earlier. The mom from Freaks and Geeks is in it, as is one of the little brother's goofy friends (who was also in undeclared).
    Poin would love it. One of the kids is doing one of the hot teachers. The hockey coach is doing one of the moms.

Up aainst "Survivor" and "The Apprentice", this show NEVER had a chance on Thursday nights. Too bad, as it is a teenage male version of "My So Called Life". The three leads are engaging and compelling and the writing is smart and honest. I would have thought this would have gotten more of a chance as it was from the people that brought us the great "Freaks and Geeks". This show is more realistic and yes, better than "The OC" but ABC really did not know what to do wiwth this show and how to market it. Definitely worth a spot in your que. Not quiet as angsty as MSCL, but just as solid. Once again, you have to wonder what the networks suits see when they ax shows like this and add more reality crud.

Draft saved Draft deleted