1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lies, damn lies and politics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BDC99, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't care much for Hitler comparisons. They're ridiculous when it comes to Obama. They were ridiculous with Bush and whoever the next guy is will not be Hitler, either.
    But you can get back to me on it when he (or she) rounds up and kills millions of people.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He didn't round up and kill millions in 1932 as a preface to the 1932 election. Only after he was elected did he start slaughtering people.

No one, not even McCarthy, is or was as dangerous to the country as Trump. If he thought it would make him more popular or drive his ratings up, he would begin concentration camps and wholesale exterminations of undesirables. I don't care much for Hitler references, but it fits Trump.

Make America Great. Make Germany Great. Hail Leader

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Honestly? The guy is dangerous, But this is a bit much

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He is so insecure that if he ever got power he would be dangerous. Nixon's paranoia, Hoover's hatreds and Stalin's inclination to murder = Trump

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Unserstood. But the idea that he would start exterminating people is absurd. He would cause plenty of problems no doubt.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good God, seriously?
    You can be a megalomaniacal asshole who is unfit for the presidency without being a genocidal maniac.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump should never so much as breathe the air in the Oval Office, but I can't seriously believe he would even consider a death camp.

Now, turning the FBI and the IRS loose on an old rival "to find out what this guy's been up to"? Yeah, I could see that, if the agency directors didn't kill it early.

Batman likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd compare him more to Nixon or J Edgar Hoover.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why not? He's all about "best practices" and "streamlining management models."

That means eliminating anybody who might get in your way.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Probably the best way to handle a guy like Trump is to see if you can out do him in the bluster and hyperbole departments.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Good luck with that.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trump is too busy fucking his daughter to keep himself on message.

Happily his own endless tsunami spew of absolute unmitigated bullshit frees anyone* who wants to attack him from even the slightest obligation to fact check or confirm ANYTHING.

Everything is fair game -- especially for a daughterfucker, bankruptcy swindler, mob pawn, cokesnorter and gaysex experimenter like Trump.

(*-Anyone, except for a candidate himself, who might want to maintain some quaint and archaic policy of trying to limit their public utterances to stuff that could at least plausibly be proven true. But as for garden-variety Internet yappers, all wraps are off. Open season.)

Draft saved Draft deleted