1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Lie To Me" with Tim Roth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jan 29, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, I owe you for all those cranky posts. :)

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Which itself is a ripoff of Psych. This is second-generation rip-offism.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, from what someone else said, this is nothing like the Mentalist. He doesn't read minds, for god's sake.

And yes, Psych is good.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, the dude in the Mentalist doesn't really read minds, he reads subtle physical reactions. So, it is a little like the Mentalist. That said, I like both (or all, if you include Psych). They're all pretty closely related.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is this the one where Tim Roth is a great piano player but he can't get off the boat?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've seen the Mentalist and Psych. Two very different shows, one going about 100 mph faster than the other.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I check it out on my laptop, (Fox might have the best episode player I've used), and I enjoy it. The wrinkle when they compare facial expressions of characters with real-life people might be one of the things I enjoy the most. It's interesting though, seems pretty clear every ep will feature people who are lying, but have understandable reasons

8. imjustagirl

It's on now...who's watching with me?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Me! I just heard him tell his daughter "I love you" and I added "THIS IS A ROBBERY!!!"

10. imjustagirl

I despise you (for making me snort with laughter).

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

OK, now this looks interesting.

12. imjustagirl

You'll love this show, sp. Right up your alley. Seeing through people's bullshit. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted