1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberals! Your domestic partner (wife or otherwise) will love this for V Day!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 13, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Look, Yawn. All I'm saying is that the history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations.

The modern bourgeois society that has sprouted from the ruins of feudal society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of struggle in place of the old ones.

2. I keep waiting for the latest entry from j-man's House Of Handbills.
    and, andyouare?
    You're going to get all the way through the Index before he realizes what you're doing to him. You know that, right?

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Not a communist here myself, unless you count my opposition to Christofacism.

But shifting gears...does anyone else read these posts and realize that it's still a loooooooonnnng way to 2008? I can only imagine how every thread is going to be by then...

"Commie!"
    "Racist!"
    "Godless liberal!"
    "Homophobic pig!"
    "You hate America!"
    "You hate everybody!"
    "You have no respect for our troops!"
    "I'm not the one putting electrodes on Arab testicles!"

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Shhhhhhh

5. http://www.aafla.org/6oic/OlympicPrimer/misha.htm

And I'm smarter than many trolls on the SportsJournalists.com board!

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm still waiting for Yawn and his ever-changing list of communists infecting the board. Wonder if we'll ever get it. Fenian, he claims you know who they are. Are you going to out any of your red brothers?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I thought we were all reactionary running dog lackey capitalist tools of american imperialist aggression. But what do I know?

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

You're on the right track, JR. In fact, this board is a perfidious den of bourgeois liberals, those sniveling apologists for capitalism who hypocritically espouse justice for the proletariat while at the same time reinforcing the very conditions that grind the working class under the boot heel of the capitalist. These toadies, these lickspittles, these simpering minions of the capitalist system, they are legion on this board. Bad running dogs! Bad!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Re: Liberals! Your domestic partner (wife or otherwise) will love this for V Day

You got me, Yawn. I confess.

I think the Russian national anthem is beautiful.
    I took two years of Russian in college.
    I have a crush on about a dozen or so Russian tennis players.
    And in 1972, I pulled for Spassky to beat Fischer, adored Olga Korbut and thought the Russians deserved the basketball gold.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hi chickie....as an ardent admirer of yours, I'm shipping you a bear today. :)

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Damn, I do think Marat Safin is a God among men. Guess I must be a commie. Thanks for clearing that up, DD.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, as usual, it's been fun getting a rise out of the left today, but I must wrap up some working-for-a-living details and do some family-time issues. And even if it gets your blood to boil, relax! Don't be so uptight! It's all in fun. Happy V Day to even the Commie Bastards...(Fenian's relatives).

Draft saved Draft deleted