1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberals, go hug your Madame Pelosi....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Sorry I'm late.

[​IMG]

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe so, but I think a grad student did most of the heavy lifting.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hey, I'm just droppin' some truth bombs. Sure it took me hours of research, but it's worth the time to spread the Truth.

4. And, of course, the WH talking-point is bullshit.
    http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/04/05/africa/ME-GEN-Syria-US.php

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Conservatives lecturing liberals on foreign policy.

Hell, conservatives lecturing liberals on anything.

I'm sure Rich Kotite will be by to begin his symposium on championship football any minute now.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Whoever taught F_B to post pictures has created a monster.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That's awesome!

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am seriously intrigued by these "Hey liberals!" threads. I don't think the words liberal and conservative have meaning anymore. They're just terms that describe combatants. Might as well be Cowboys versus Redskins when they get used this idiotically.

Does it matter that this country was founded on liberal ideals? Does it matter that defined in its most basic terms, liberalism is a philosophy that prizes individual rights above everything else--something the Republicans probably pay more lip service to (but mostly just lip service) than the Democrats? Does it matter that Barry Goldwater, who defined the conservative movement in this country was more liberal in his beliefs than half of the mainstream Democratic candidates in the presidential race?

The political threads on this board sometimes come off like bad sports radio. This shouldn't be the same as having a team you've always rooted for and shouting down the other fans because you'll die for your team. Whatever happened to thinking independently (and realizing that being called a liberal SHOULD be a compliment)?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I always take being called a liberal a compliment.

And I completely agree.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I don't think you can call any thread started by Yawn a "political" thread. It's a chance to make fun of the stupid kid. Which, you know, is always fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted