1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberals better be glad they don't live in their dream home, Russia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Damn, Ben.
    You're good.
    I guessed Lieberman.

2. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Never mind who I guessed. After yesterday, I'm not in the mood to poop the party.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

At my office, we all bring in cans of coffee.

Everyone helps themselves to a cup when they're thirsty, and when we run low, someone sends out an email asking people to bring in some more.

No one, to my knowledge, monitors how much coffee each person drinks. And I've heard stirrings that some of the interns have been known to grab a cup without bringing in a can of coffee, but no one seems to mind.

Drink from the pot of solidarity, comrades! When one man is caffeine-deprived, no man is truly awake!

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Zeke, you Commie bastard.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I know, I know!

I marched straight to human resources and demanded someone begin profiting from the coffee concession.

They sent me a letter of apology posthaste.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Zeke, enjoying his super large double-double from Tim's.

[​IMG]

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Coffee drinkers of the world, unite!

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why would "liberals" love Russia? Putin is a right-wingish authoritarian type, who comes from a KGB / military background. The most liberal thing about him is his choice of poison to off any opposition (He "liberally" gave Viktor Yushchenko a dose that left him seriously ill, with scars all over his face, rather than giving him the "conservative" instant death dose.).

[​IMG]

I know the stupid labels "liberal" and "conservative" get thrown around by people on here--and elsewhere--without regard for what they really mean. But wouldn't Russia be a fascist's (or in Yawn's simpleton terminology, "a conservative's") dream home, not a liberal's?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ragu, are you really trying to apply logic to Yawn's nonsensical ramblings?
    I must be missing the sarcasm font. I know you're smarter than that.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nope. Just an idiot. Really.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ragu, if you're going to confuse this thread with logic, we'll all just leave.

I'm hot on the trail of some fellow travelers engaging in collectivist book-buying ventures known as "libraries". No doubt, they threaten our way of life.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with Ragu. Plus, W hisownself said he looked into Putin's soul and saw a kindred spirit.

Draft saved Draft deleted