1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal media (or not)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 17, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Obama shouldn't be. He's got Muslim money and the Black Panthers who intimidated voters at key precincts in 2008. He's got volunteers who brought illiterate adults in and basicallyheld their hand and voted. These people didn't know a presidential candidate from a peanut, yet they voted the way their van drivers wanted them to. I witnessed it. Hell one of the vans had a Obama 2008 bumper sticker.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Ladies and gentlemen, the Republican primary electorate!

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's simple: Obama will always, always get negative press from talk radio and Fox News by the sheer virtue of what he believes. Period. End of story. Doesn't matter if it works - or if it doesn't. There is no useful balance to the relentless negativity thrown his way.

4. doctorx

doctorx Member

Has she not seen the SportsJournalists.com presidential preference poll? It's only 57.6 percent.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

fixed

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The most hilarious unintentional comedy you've done yet.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Sometimes, Alma, you are one of the more reasoned posters on this site. Then, all of a sudden you're not.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The "Muslim Money" is off the wall. But feel free to actually refute the rest of this contention.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

My position is utterly, stupendously reasonable. I don't even consider myself a big Obama supporter on most items. But I know that, no matter what he says or does - short of a complete 180 in the office - talk radio and Fox News will do a daily call-and-answer session to critically blast him out of the cosmos. It doesn't matter that it's him personally. It's a big, tactical game. That's what it's been for many years. The man who runs FNC was a political consultant of Nixon and Reagan for years, man. It's not even that hard to figure out. They're pretty naked about it.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I have to refute his claim of seeing mysterious vans loaded with oblivious voters? I'll do that when I see Glenn Beck refute the claim he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Yes, this is a phenomenon that only happens on one side of the spectrum. Please. You're smarter than that. The WHOLE political process and all significant related communication is blindly partisan. There's no discernible perspective left in America.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

And let me give you an example: 20 years ago, if you were talking radio news services, ABC was the best. It wasn't close. Go around and ask the local news talk jockeys circa 1990.

In all of eight years, Fox News Radio has wiped out ABC with an inferior product on the sole basis of its agreement with Clear Channel, which took advantage of relaxed FCC ownership rules to gobble up as many local stations as possible. It's not remotely about the quality of the service; I know my share of radio guys who'd die to go back. They die to hire a few more news reporters for their station - if Clear Channel didn't demand certain budget restrictions.

Draft saved Draft deleted