1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lewis Katz wins bidding for Inquirer/Daily News/Philly.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, May 27, 2014.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'm afraid you're right. I was going to say cue the layoffs and buyouts, but this soap opera has taken so many twists and turns I don't know what to expect next.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

To me, the No. 1 question is: How long does the Daily News have left? I'd like to think new ownership would keep both papers going, but I can't imagine how that would make sense for the owner(s). I'm amazed the DN has lasted this long.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Bumping back up to post this. Sounds like the place is falling apart. I have a really bad feeling about the future of this, and I've always loved the Inky and the DN.

http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/06/will-drew-katz-sell-why-are-people.html#8Tkq1dil10juJCx9.99

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Daily News will survive at least for a couple of years. The Inky definitely has fallen on hard times. Really not much more to say except tune in tomorrow.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Brian Tierney, the same guy who steered the papers into bankruptcy, is back in charge. That says it all.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

HUH? That is not true.

Draft saved Draft deleted