1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Letterman extorted for $2 million for sex tales

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Carson was Mr. Midwest (whatever that means)?

This guy?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm a little stunned by the free pass he's getting here, honestly. Maybe they were right on TV, where they said the men were focused more on the extortion and the women on the shadiness, but shit, people. This was a boss using his staff as a harem.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I have not seen evidence to support your statement.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

By the way, according to the YouTube clip I saw on the Times' website, it sure sounds like Paul & the band were playing the Stones' "Bitch" coming out of the commercial before the speech.

Classy.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Me, either, not that I wouldn't try to make good use of a harem if I had one at my disposal.

6. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

If that's the girl, she was a fixture on the show for years. He'd call her and make odd requests on the air, refer to her by different names - only one I remember is "Monty" - and I think I remember her being on air a lot. The bits were strange, but funny.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Just an FYI on Letterman's Pyramid days - he's admitted that back then he was an alcoholic and he'd had a few before going on that game show. So the Letterman you see there is not the same one from his Late Night/Late Show days, per se (as he had quit drinking).

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Message to Letterman:

Don't want to be blackmailed? Don't go banging staffers two at a time.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Bang one at a time with the other on lookout and then switch. Simple, really.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

When sober, however, he could really play those games. He was one of the better celebs Pyramid and Password Plus had.

When WCBS this morning hinted there was a woman staffer, I wondered if it was Stephanie.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I didn't even know that the Letterman show had a seventh-inning stretch.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Huffington Post is reporting the affair ended back in 2003 before his son was born.

So he cheated on his gf. And who knows, maybe they were on a break. Unless more women come out, this is a pretty lame thing to extort over.

Draft saved Draft deleted