1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Letterman extorted for $2 million for sex tales

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 1, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see how CBS boss Les Moonves (married to Julie Chen) responds to this.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jesus.

What a great point.

Letterman should be suspended for abuse of power, and then you have this creep above him.

3. Simon_Cowbell

wffw

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

His wife used to work on the show.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

When is Letterman going to have Rick Pitino on the show?

6. Simon_Cowbell

Donnie fucking Deutsch

Defending Letterman as if his making a move on a woman and her accepting is a consensual situation like one schmoe co-worker dating another.

A groundling would never refuse the king.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ah, and that's the rub isn't it.

A 62 year old boss (well, not sure when it happened, but still) sleeping with multiple staffers.

Hostile work environment anyone? Where are the libs defending a woman's right to employment that doesn't come with sexual advances from a creepy, lecherous, old, pervert?

What's CBS/Viacom going to do about this? It can't be within the companies rules governing sexual harassment and conduct expected in the work environment.

8. Two thoughts:
    One: The fact that Letterman is a classless sleaze is hardly breaking news (IMO).
    Two: After that opening monologue there is NO way I would have done the show as a guest, ala Woody Harrelson. I would have told the producers to get bent and rebook me for another day.

9. Simon_Cowbell

I disagree.

And, I believe that his ratings will CRASH as a result of this.

To me and my sensibility, Dave has always been the one with the Midwestern ideal, the Mellencamp feel, along with his rapier wit to be sure.

NOT the fakish guy who belongs in Burbank.

Well, now he has lost that ground.

And I see him plummeting.

We'll see.

10. Really?
    I have always found him to be an unfunny jerk. And more NJ than Midwestern, unlike Johnny Carson.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why is everybody convinced Letterman instigated the affairs? Maybe the female staffers made the first move.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Where is NOW when you need them.

Draft saved Draft deleted