1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's stop rehashing Tiger Woods' fall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gameofthecentury, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think this is a story that will come up annually, but tracking Tiger's last 365 days absolutely is a huge story.

What indication has he given that he deserves anyone to change their opinion of him? If he wants people to stop talking about his infidelity, all he has to do is start winning again. Then people will forget about it. Look at Kobe.

2. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

This. The end.

The greatest golfer in the world all of a sudden can't win, traced back to a specific incident 12 months ago. Sure, it's worth a look back.

3. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

And it might be worth a look back after this November. If Tiger continues his dry streak and falls off the grid, he'll be remembered as having come the closest to Jack's record and for how spectacularly he blew it.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I found it very, very interesting to read that Woods' people laid out some rules for ESPN, most notably to not talk about the accident and about whether he has talked to Elin lately (if I remember the rules correctly). Got no problem with the redemption media blitz -- it's the American way -- but if you're going to do it, just be open about it all.

Draft saved Draft deleted