1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's start a Kevin Durant discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. Can't find much not to like about either one, though I would like to see Oden play with a healed shooting hand. That probably would make a huge difference in how he plays.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I don't recall Darko being looked at as a can't-miss prospect. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Pistons were questioned for the pick at the time, not something that happened in hindsight.

No one had ever seen Darko play, whereas Oden has been on national tv a handful of times already so it's a different situation entirely.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Sixers already have a good 3 in Iguadola. He's not as good as Durant, but he's still pretty good. You can't pass up a good big man. Unless you can trade for Roy Hinson that is.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

The best position to be in this coming draft will be holding the No. 2 pick. No pressure.
    And you'll come away with either Oden or Durant. Sure things both I say.
    Or one heckuva trade for that pick.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It's tough calling anyone a sure thing these days, but these two guys are pretty darn close to it. And yes Oden is a center. If he isn't neither is Tim Duncan.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

No. The line of thinking that led to Darko over Melo was "big is better."
    The line of thinking with an Oden is entirely different.
    It's like the difference in a draft between Walton and David Thompson. If you don't take Walton first, you're making a huge mistake. Again, Oden isn't just bigger.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's right on the money. Oden's also better.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

How can you say anyone is better than Kevin Durant at this point? This guy is unbelievable.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

wrong.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Right now I'd take Durant first. But when Oden is healthy there is no way he's not the top pick.

11. accguy

accguy Member

I don't know if anybody is saying that Oden is better than Durant at this point. I think there's a significant difference between better college season and better NBA prospect.

Oden, to me, has more upside. I agree with the assessment that he's a once-a-generation center. He's getting better and better and playing with one hand.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just to escape the Oden vs. Durant discussion for a moment, unless Durant completely falls apart this month, he's got to be the POY this season. I love watching this kid play. And I can't stand the Longhorns.

Draft saved Draft deleted