1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's settle this once and for all - Fanstasy Baseball edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 1, 2008.

?

If you were in a fantasy baseball league and one of the guys in the league just abandoned his team -

1. Drop him from the league

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pretend that nothing is wrong

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Give it more time and hope he becomes active

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Drop him from the league

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. Mini Ditka

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. What say you?

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Commissioner take over running his team. All major moves must be approved by the league.

EDIT

Try to find someone to eventually take over the duties.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Depends. Do you know the guy? Is it just an online league? Long-term league? What's at stake? Is his team any good?

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So who bailed on the NIAFL?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Since it's a baseball thread, of course you Upper Deck them...

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree with TSP (man, you don't see that often). It really depends on the league, not just how well you know the people in it, but how seriously they take the league. The format also matters. if it is head-to-head, that poses a very large problem if he was paying attention early and stopped. That puts the teams that played him early on at a disadvantage.

I'm assuming this is about a specific league with a problem. Could you post more information about the league?

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I think that would be the Topps choice.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It's a very annoying problem. I have several people in my league who just don't check their teams and have people on their teams who have been on the DL since early this season (Andruw Jones). It's no fun when you want to request a trade or something and the person never sees it.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

There's not much you can do this year, but definitely don't invite him back next year if this has been a big problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted