1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's return to 1977

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

There's no 'may' about it, JR. The 70s were essentially fashion vomit.

I believe I owned the leisure suit to the left, but only in a wonderful dark, forest green color.

Also, anyone recall the bow tie trend during that decade? Believe I had a nice blue and white polka dot bow tie. Clip on, of course.

And how about Garanimals? For those who just can't figure out what matches, we'll help you out. Although, did anything not match in the 70s?

Well. at least we got some wonderful t-shirts to wear:

[​IMG]

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I liked Swingtown. And I was 13/14 in 1977.. I"m pretty sure I wore some of those clothes.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

If we are going back to '77, hope you don't mind if I put something on the turntable:

[​IMG]

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I had a light blue corduruy leisure suit and I thought I was the coolest dude in town.

Particularly with hair down to my shoulders.

I shudder.

5. I gotta be honest, I like the suit on the right.
    I would wear it TODAY.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If you want some real laughs, I should scan my high school yearbook. Class of '76, baby. Polyester print shirts, big bell bottoms and platform shoes, then off to the clubs in Brooklyn with a cigarette box full of joints, an eight-pack of Miller grenades and maybe a qualude or two. You could Latin hustle all night, hop back into the Camaro Z-28, pop Donna Summer into the eight-track player, stop off for a bag of sliders at White Castle and still be home by dawn. As an added bonus, if you parked with someone, you had to constantly look over your shoulder in case Son of Sam was taking aim on your leisure suit-wearin' ass. Oh, yes, it was a very fucked up time.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I can believe you'd own those fashion disasters - and think you looked good wearing them. It's the second sentence I have trouble picturing :)

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, don't think about it too much or you'll have nightmares.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, thank God. I thought I was the only one.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ha, remember those places very well. One birthday my mother got me a t-shirt that said, "On the eighth day God created Bruce Springsteen" with a drawing of a guy who looked nothing like the Boss on the front and my first name on the back. Good, good times.

11. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Re-inforced knees!!! Excellent for tree climbing.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They made my knees itch so bad. God, I hated those things.

Draft saved Draft deleted