1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's return to 1977

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Unfortunately, I've PM'ed someone photos of five-year old me wearing hideous sky blue jam shorts.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dad?

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm pretty sure my dad got married in that green St. Paddys Day suit.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Everyone missed the cross-thread opportunity... he's sad because he ran out of time.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The FBI will be contacting you shortly.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

When will IJAG be posting them?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Damn that Penney's catalog.

If it were the Sears catalog, it could have had pictures of me in my Toughskins glory days.

[​IMG]

8. KG

KG Active Member

I wasn't born yet, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing some clothes that hideous before.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

My mom used to make shirts for my dad to wear. They were polyester with snaps and made out of the most hideous pattern designs you can imagine. Guess what she did with the scrap material? That's right, made small versions of the same shirt for me.

I had this one that had some kind of Pueblo Indians or some crap on it. She dressed me in it for my kindergarten class picture. I said I didn't want to wear it because it was ugly. "That's a nice shirt and you'll wear it." I said "I won't smile."

I didn't. I purposely made a sourpuss face. When the photos went home, I got the shit beat out of me. Now, 30+ years later, my mom still likes to bring that up. I say, "I'd make the same face again to today if you made me wear that shirt." She says, "I oughta whip your ass again."

10. How to kick everybody's ass in the 1977 NCAA tournament.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That catalog would like right at home in this just-on-the-market home...

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2009/01/curbed_poll_brady_bunchy_house_in_ladera_heights.php

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Spinited & I out on the town:

[​IMG]

The '70's may have been the worst fashion decade in history.

Draft saved Draft deleted