1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Put The X In The Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Which right fielder do you have Burrell run against? That list can't be real long.

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

So the Mets' bullpen had a good day. That's one out of the last xxx. I still see this team falling out of first place very soon. If you could do a projection the way they do on Election Day, Charlie Gibson would say, "ABC projects the Braves as winners of the NL East." For further proof, you may be looking at two weeks of Mike DiFelice and Sandy Alomar Jr. as your catchers. Chew on that.

On the other hand, we will still project the Yankees in the AL East, as we have been saying for weeks. I think even Eric Gagne would agree with that.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Chicago's.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Who, me?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hey, Sandy Alomar is batting .333 this season and half of his hits were for extra-bases. He's a 41-year-old stud.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Just got back from a quick trip to Kansas City, and from my son's successful surgery this morning, so it's time for a brief look at what Alex "The Garbage Man" Gordon has done in the last couple games.

Saturday vs. Toronto (I was there): 3-3, a double shy of the cycle. But the real kicker is this: Kansas City won 4-1. The Royals were up 2-1 when Gordon popped a two-run homer into the fountains. Since the score was already in Kansas City's favor and since Toronto didn't score again, that was a garbage-time home run.

Sunday vs. Toronto: A worthless solo shot in a 4-1 loss. I bet one of these days, Alex Gordon does something worthwhile in his career.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Think you might get over it sometime in the next decade?

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The right fielder of the Babe Ruth 9?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wait a minute, Joe Morgan told me last night that "Pat Burrell runs well."

Could Joe Morgan have been wrong?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Him, Murton, DeRosa or Floyd. I don't think any of them could get it to home plate if they threw it, picked it up where it landed and threw it again.

And Jason Kendell needs a fucking relay man to throw anybody out at second. I could run on him carrying BYH on my back.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's a blasphemous thought.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's one of the more amusing lines I've ever read on here, though it makes me wonder how big BYH is. Maybe he is a midget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.