1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Put The X In The Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

If by reliable you mean incredibly fortunate...yes. He's got a WHIP of 1.51. I see his luck changing down the stretch.

And any team that still plans to send Horacio Ramirez out to the mound every five days is walking a tightrope. Ramirez is 7-3 with a 7.12 ERA and 1.85 ERA. That's fucking remarkable.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I assume something was mis-typed in this post, BYH? Just curious what the 1.85 is. WHIP?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

For my 6,666th post I just wanted to say:
    Go Yankees!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

My bad. Yes, 1.85 WHIP. I don't think Horacio Ramirez has sniffed a 1.85 ERA since high school.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Someone asked me who I thought would win the NL pennant this year.

I have no clue since it seems every team sucks.

Thoughts?

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I picked the Dodgers when the season began. Might as well stick with it.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know about the NL pennant, but let me throw another, less-publicized team that was long ago left for dead.

St. Louis Cardinals.

The Cardinals are below .500, but hanging around at 5 1/2 back. They have three against the Brewers in Milwaukee this week. If they do anything with that, they're back in it for the long haul (they're probably dead in the water if the Brewers win the series). I believe the Cardinals have three at Wrigley after that.

Like the Yankees, not dead by any stretch of the imagination.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Actually, the Cards have four at Wrigley. This is a big week for both of the shitty teams that are the objects of our respective baseball affection, Bubs.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I blame Torre way more than Weaver for 2003. Weaver was what he was, expecting different was folly. He did it with COne against the Mets, got lucky & was called a genius. When people perform as expected, and you lose because you put them out there (WITH RIVERA IN THE BULLPEN!), fewer people call you a genius.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The only thing that would be more unlikely than last year's title for the Cardinals would be to make a postseason run again this year. The way they've played this year, they've got no business being in contention at this point. Yet, a 5-2 week will put them smack in the middle of the Central race.

And to keep with the theme of the thread title:

The Yanks were made for winning division titles; the Red Sox were made for the wildcard.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I picked the Mets to win the pennant, but lose to Boston in the World Series. I still think that's going to be the case.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Steve Smith must be the worst third base coach in the majors. Does he read his scouting reports? Anyone with half of mind doesn't send Burrell against Jeff Francoeur. The man has a howitzer for an arm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.