1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Put The X in the 2008 Running Baseball Thread (plus I makes it XI)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Oh shit. Another stupid newb telling us how great the NFL is. Just what we fucking need.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

We'll see what their payroll is in three years.

LOL

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

These morons certainly do.

And don't call me Shirley.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Possibly somebody has been embittered by the actions of the videotape mogul.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's a curious one, because Upton has learnt to walk, and leads the team in on-base at .397 and official batting average at .284 (Navarro would lead everyday players, but doesn't qualify yet thanks to at-bats lost while injured.)

On the flipside of that, despite his speed, Upton isn't the greatest baserunner in comparison to some (already been caught stealing 10 times this season, about a 67% basestealer) and looking at his stats, having someone on base ahead of him seems to sharpen him more than when he hits with the bases empty.

I honestly think the thought will occur to Maddon while Iwamura is sitting out, but the struggle to find a new spot to put him in the lineup will mean the Rays will be back to business as usual when he returns. And since it's worked for half a season for the Rays, I have no reason to object, especially since Iwamura has been excellent the last two months after a dismal April.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

By the way, it's good to see we've gotten of to a completely unpredictable start to this thread.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The Mexicutioner does it again for KC. Perfect 11th inning, and KC rallies from a 5-1 deficit to beat Baltimore 6-5.

Back in fourth place too!

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, don't look at me. It's not my fault the best team in baseball also has the second-lowest payroll...or that the bottom three teams in baseball (Marlins/Rays/A's) are a combined 29 games over .500 while the top three teams in payroll (Yankees/Mets/Tigers) are a combined four games over .500.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck the fucking Tigers and everything they fucking stand for.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Big, big win, and not just for the way they did it.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Apparently somebody unplugged the humidor at Coors. Rockies and Padres tied 8-8 in the seventh.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Perennially Overrated's gonna shoot a cop tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.