1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's punish women for excelling

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by abcdefg, Jul 11, 2006.

1. http://www.interstatebakeriescorp.com/press_041105.html

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Or maybe I'll just give up all together...

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I was going to go with this one [​IMG] but took the high road.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Looked more like a low road to me, but ok ;D

5. XXI
    Nothing but class, babe.
    My best to LXX.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

The nerve of women nowadays. As spnited predicted at the end of World War I, if you let them vote there's no telling where they'll stop with their irrational demands. They'll be wanting jobs and EVERYTHING. ;D

7. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

yeah, ungrateful bitches

8. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

I interviewed her for a story recently. Ughh. Not impressed. She was 36 and looked like she was 46. Her long blonde hair only looks good through TV cameras. And her body ... Usually, ahtletic girls have great bodies. Not this one.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

So what? The woman holds a great place in sports history.

I'll tell a story that I can't bring myself to repeat out loud, but I'll give typing it a shot: I was watching that game with my brother, a soccer geek as well. She made that shot, we screamed, and he announced that watching her make that shot gave him an instant hard-on. I think he was impressed.

Pardon me, I have to go shower with bleach now for using the words "brother" and "hard-on" in the same sentence.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Unlike the Adonises that male athletes are:

[​IMG]

11. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Wow. There's a lot I could say here, but I'll just leave it at this -- I am all for women getting more opportunities through continued hard work, drive and intelligence. I am very, very attracted too to women that are smart, confident, bold, opinionated and successful. My longtime girlfriend had a lot of these traits, and I've missed that a lot since she we split up.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think MOST men are attracted to successful women with drive, but many men don't realize this about themselves until they are in their 40s. 

Cadet did a great job, and I would only add that when we attain "equal pay for the same job" in society, then we can abandon Title IX.

Draft saved Draft deleted