1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's punish women for excelling

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by abcdefg, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sportschick and I: we're not the same person, I swear!

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'll take mine while I'm watching the aforementioned Jackson and Bird.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sorry, I had the option of having sixth period basketball instead of home ec! I can't cook!

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I took home ec. I still can't cook, but I can use a sewing machine. Go figure. :D

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Depends on the girl, depends on the guy. As it always does.

I've been with too many underachieving gals to know that I'd rather be with someone who's smarter/better/etc. than me, even in some things I'm good at. I like to think I'm well-rounded enough to have other qualities that make up for some misperceived inferiority there.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Probably not. No offense to your last boyfriend, but he probably was just a groupie. Like the girls who go to
    Yankees games and hold up "Marry Me Derek" signs.

7. Men will do anything if they think it's foreplay.
    -- Annie Savoy

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think that's gonna be my new sig, Fenian. Excellent.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

With all due respect to Cadet and sportschick....I have never been with a man who wasn't attracted to my success.  Sometimes too much....they saw how mine could contribute to theirs. Blech.  I think you have to pick men who are completely confident in what they do, not threatened by your achievements.

And as for the times (lower case intentional in this case) piece....I have only this to add:  [​IMG]

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Love that smiley, 21.

And while I agree that choosing the right type of guy is key, I think that your pool of potential men is wider and deeper than what SC and I are currently faced with. If we lived in larger cities where success was celebrated and respected, I would hope our experiences would be different!

11. XXI --
    Where in the name of god did you find that one?

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

F that shit. What about my snacks?

Draft saved Draft deleted