1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Let's kill the baby."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TrooperBari, Jun 29, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So very true, the admin lied about the rationale for war, made up crap to support their lies and changed the rationale for America's continued presence in Iraq. But the current rationale is the only one applicable to the horros in sub-Saharan Africa. If the rationale isn;t good enough for armed Americans in Iraq, it isn't good enough for Africa.

2. I agree with you there. My complaint is not so much about us being in Iraq, it's that we didn't have an honest debate about it.
    However, I think there are other parts of the world (let's start with Darfur) where the atrocities are worse. We should have gone there first it the point was to fix the world.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I may agree with you about that, so the argument against war in Iraq isn't so much anti-war, as it is about the necessity to go to war. Are we then drawing the line at the number of innocents killed and how they are killed.
    Personally I think the case could and should be made that the atrocities in Nigeria, Sudan, Chad. Ethiopia, CAR, Somolia and 1/2 dozen other countries in the sub-Saharan need world wide attention, military attention. But some how that's racist to think that everyone else can handle their own affairs, but the poor Africans?

4. I don't think it's racist to say, "They AREN'T handling the situation, so we will."
    In fact, I think it is more racist to act like Europeans matter and Africans don't.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Stay classy, Chris.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted