1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's keep the Whitlock Love Fest going ... His T.O. column is terrific

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wisportswriter, Sep 28, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

You talkin' to me?

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Who's stopping you, Dooley? Talk about anyone you want. He wanted to talk about the Whitlock column.....although if he had said he hated it, no one would have objected to this brazen thread.

Not directed at you Dooley, but every fucking thread on this board lately is inundated by some self-appointed thread police, who have no opinion whatesoever on the topic, but need to express some deep concern over where it's located or whether it's worthy of even existing.

Anyone who doesn't want to read about whitlock or shield laws or boots' girlfriend or Grey's Anatomy can click somewhere else. It seems pretty simple.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, you made a comment about post totals right after my post. I don't think you were referring to WI with 101 posts.

4. I just read a column I really liked and wanted to share it with folks. It's that simple.
    The fact it happened to be written by Whitlock, a popular subject matter on these boards, was purely coincidental. I did not go searching for his column - I just happened upon it during a desk shift.
    And the title of the thread was written tongue-in-cheek on the heels of the thread praising JW for his bout with ESPN.

That I needed to divulge all this in depth is, in its own way, sad.

Carry on.

(Oh, and I didn't just cut-and-paste, Doc, because I didn't know if that was frowned upon. You know, giving out an article obtained through a paid service before it was published.)

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We post stuff from the AP wire all the time. It's not frowned upon.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Geez, you need to lighten up. Just havin' a little fun with your prolific message board nature. I agree with you that people on this board seem overly enamored with Whitlock, but I think that's because he posts under his own name (very admirable, IMO), and some people dig that. No harm in that.

Obviously, these threads are a giant ego boost for a giant ego. But hell, at least they're not political threads.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I will agree with that last line in full.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Whitlock's latest column proves it: He'd be a better president than Bush. ;-)

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

And, in the interest of public service and post-padding:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15625062.htm

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Actually, whitlock's been this board a few years, begging to be all-SportsJournalists.com, in the silly little voting we do, and to no avail. He's blown up lately 'cause he's "stepped up his game" to a Bonds-like level, circa 2001.

The guy's on a roll. The first line of his column is:
    When a pro athlete gets his master’s degree from buffoon school, his professors never warn him about the complications...
    I'm still chuckling. That's good stuff.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Great column but I can't help but wonder if Whitlock thinks that Barry Bonds got his degree from Buffoon College as well.

Barry Bonds may even be the dean of Buffoon College. I find it a tad inconsistant to call Owens a buffoon and then defend Barry Bonds.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bonds went to Asshole State University.

Draft saved Draft deleted