1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Hear Your NFL picks (with spreads)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm picking the Colts, Chargers, Seahawks and Saints.

With spreads? For sandwiches, I like Hellmann's mayo. For sex, I like legs' spread.

(Drum roll)

I'm here all day folks.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Seattle to at least cover, maybe win. There's gonna be bad weather, plus the Bears are what we thought they were: kinda shaky.

San Diego to win and cover. I'm not drinking the kool-aid (hi DyePack) yet with Bill Belichick again. Call me crazy.

Baltimore to win and cover. I'll be rooting for Indy but I just can't see it. People who are on the bandwagon again after KC need to relax.

Philly to cover, possibly win. This is unchartered waters for the Saints, if Philly jumps out early it'll quiet that crowd.

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

So we've got a consensus: Nobody can agree on ANYTHING. This is going to be a difficult week for gambling.

If you look at this thread, it's split 50/50 on just about every game.

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The Bears line is baffling to the point of incomprehension. And they had a tendency of not covering outrageous lines this season.

It OPENED at -9.5. A team that hasn't beat anyone by more than a touchdown in six weeks, and that just scored seven TOTAL points in its season finale...

Sure, I'm a tremendous Chi homer/fanboy, but that spread... I can't recall a more ridiculous spread in recent playoff history.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I didn't want to alarm too many people by starting a new thread with this, so I'll just let it out here. You might want to sit down for this (since I know you usually read SportsJournalists.com while standing up):

BILL SIMMONS PICKED THE PATRIOTS

Again, I know this is unusual. He explains this outside-the-box pick at espn.com.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I can honestly say that I have NO feel for any of these games.

There is literally nothing that could happen this weekend that could surprise me. So I am taking all of the home teams to win, but only Baltimore to cover.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The AFC games were the easier of the four to pick for me. Peyton can't win on the road in the playoffs (except for KC, of course.. a big thanks goes out to Greg Robinson for that), and Marty is 5-12 in the postseason. As for the NFC... I have no clue.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'd go with the Seahawks, Patriots, Colts and Saints against the spread.

And the following people suck: Bubbler and Playthrough.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Here is how it is going to go down.

Eagles win over Saints
    Chargers win over Pats
    UPSET ALERT COLTS WIN OVER RAVENS
    Seahawks win over Bears

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

My picks in CAPS.

SEAHAWKS 18, Bears 9
    CHARGERS 31, Patriots 20
    EAGLES 34, Saints 28
    Ravens 23, COLTS 20

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Bears 20, Seahawks 17
    Ravens 24, Colts 21
    Saints 27, Eagles 17
    Chargers 31, Patriots 27

12. Yeah - that Denver game where Brady played with a sports hernia that would have had lesser QB's out for the season (hello Mr McNabb) really hurt the Brady mystique.

Take the points in each game and tease the Colts with the Eagles and tease the Patriots with the Seahawks.

Draft saved Draft deleted