1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Go Bowling------2019-20 Bowl Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They kind of got jammed up by the calendar. Conference title games two weeks ago, Christmas on Wednesday and Semis next Saturday. I have to think most teams are barely getting the "extra two weeks" of practice with finals and everything.

2. DanOregon

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Florida-Virginia spread is probably high by bowl standards but low by modern reality. The Cavaliers have no defense left. Three or four of their best players are out. The Gators won't put 62 on them as Clemson did, but I'm guessing the margin will be ≥ 21.

4. tapintoamerica

You're assuming there was a full investigation. Remember who the Commander in Chief is.

5. DanOregon

Smoothie King Quote of the night (unintentional division) "Yes, he's going to have some questions to answer with that marijuana arrest, but he's hoping to go out tonight on a high note."

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

If that is JUST for the tier one rights - that is insane, figure another $200 mil for the rest of the package? Honestly, there are maybe six SEC games worth watching in any given year. It might just ruin college football, with the SEC taking up two or three prime slots on ABC and ESPN every Saturday.
    The Pac-12 should make a hard play for CBS, get a 12:30 and 4 p.m. slot and an evening game on CBSSN.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And the MAC is 2-0.

UB wins its first bowl game in history. I remember when it dropped the program in 1970 or so, only to bring it back as a DIII program after about a 10-year hiatus.

Kent State also gets its first bowl win. Judging by his purple nose, looked like USU's Gary Andersen is still hitting the bottle. Always a good day when he loses.

9. tapintoamerica

Utah State killed my bowl pools. All of them.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

They already had all the non-CBS games in the conference through their revenue sharing deal with the SEC Network I believe so they are taking it all and now have the rights to broadcast conference games on ABC, which they didn't before. And forget just prime slots. You're looking at noon, 3:30 and 7:30 slots with SEC football. Alabama will get all the primetime games they want now. On the bright side maybe they can throw Gary Danielson out to pasture.

I'm guessing CBS, at least the network, will back out of the CFB game with CBSSN continues to load up on G5 games. I've always been surprised that the ACC hasn't been able to piggy back their deal with Notre Dame to sell games to NBC.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

Every time a member of the SEConfederacy suffers its first loss of a season, the ESPN crew will convene an emergency broadcast to explain why Alabama or LSU or Georgia isn't done yet. They can still get in. The South Will Rise Again.

Draft saved Draft deleted