1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's go bowling!---2014-2015 NCAA FB Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 8, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Auburn
    Clemson
    Nebraska
    UNC

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'm picking Bama, but that doesn't mean I have anything but respect for Clemson and Dabo.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd love nothing more than to see Clemson dumptruck Alabama. Or beat Alabama by one. Doesn't matter.

Can't see that happening, though. I'll take Bama by....hmmm.....10.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What's the chorus to Clemson's fight song?*

"Drive that tractor, drive that tractor ... "

*Tiger Rag, which in reality has no words.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

With Alabama having more current assistant coaching flux, might Clemson catch lightning and play a perfect four quarters. So many have said this isn't a "great" Alabama quarterback but week after week he's found his five-stars numerous times with some long, long throws. And he's been able to run if needed.
    Alabama's just so ferocious on defense but Clemson's outscored everyone so far. Their QB was more impactive and the cause of his team's ultimate glitzy finish than the other two Heisman candidates. Watson did the most regarding overall team success.
    Is Henry or Coker due for an off night. Or will the machine just keep rolling?
    A poster here pointed out that Clemson's top three winningest coaches are 'Bama boys and the athletic departments haven't exactly avoided each other, having played about 15-20 times through the years. This is a down South battle-royale between programs with tradition (even if Frank Howard's desert rock is a much younger entity than the Crimson Tide's perennial moxey.)
    And both have already won national football titles so there's no monkey there. I have zero friends who are connected to Clemson but a ton who either went to school at T-Town or just follow them by habit.
    Something now tells me this is Clemson's year. Now that they got past the Oklahoma test with such ease.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Alabama win because that program has nothing really left to prove to anybody. They are the gold standard of college football.
    Still, I'm picking Clemson 35-24.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given the graduate transfer rules, how does one find a graduate program at another FBS school that isn't offered by their current one? Or do they just enroll in whatever grad program they can find, or find some program that teaches the same stuff but has a different name? I get it, the players have no intention of completing the program and will only have to take two or three grad level classes (at most) during football season, and the whole thing is kind of a joke, I just don't see why the NCAA kids itself with that kind of requirement.

Draft saved Draft deleted