1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's go bowling!---2014-2015 NCAA FB Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That will be a definite Chef tune-in as well.
    Take the over.
    Whatever it is.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

66. And yes. I'll take the over as well.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait. There's a bowl game that has no TV coverage?

WTH is the point?

Chef2 likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Sun Bowl, to see my Cougs take on the Canes. Seems like Sun Bowl used to be a better bowl. Maybe because it used to be later. When WAZZU beat Drew Brees in 2001, the game was played on New Year's Eve. Now it's the day after Christmas, meaning fans basically have to spend Christmas in El Piso. Not a lot of happy Coug fans about that, based on the early comments I've seen.
    As for the other ones I'm interested in, I second what Coco said. Rose Bowl in particular should be a dandy.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Disagree. With an interim HC, BG can take all the toys out of the toy box for this one.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Spending a day or three in El Paso? I recommend Jaguars.

And there used to be a driving range on Lee Trevino Drive where you hit down into a giagantic hole with abandoned cars and such. Not a bad way to waste an hour.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Duh, the prestige of being able to say you're one of 80 teams still playing.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The best part of the Sun Bowl was hearing all of the stories about Summerall and Brookshier going across the bridge to Juarez, and then getting back to El Paso as the sun was coming up.

God, those were great stories.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a great selling tool to recruits: "Come play with us and you might get a December trip to Idaho!"

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Many, many moons ago, my uncle was an end on the Mississippi Southern teams that went to the Sun Bowl in back-to-back seasons in 1952-53, and he said that's how most of his team spent their time in El Paso. Needless to say, they lost pretty handily both times.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the Cure Bowl, because, well, my name is Spartan Squad.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted