1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's go bowling!---2014-2015 NCAA FB Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Which bowls you most looking forward to?

Pinstripe Bowl (Indiana vs. Duke)

If Johnson is back for Baylor, the Russell Athletic Bowl (North Carolina vs. Baylor) could take 6 hours to play.......but even then, it won't take as long to play as.......

Valero Alamo Bowl (Oregon vs. TCU).....You could see 180 plays or more out of this.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the bowl that serves as background noise and allows me to avert my eyes and attention during family events and awkward holiday parties.

SFIND, Batman, Roscablo and 5 others like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Holy War in Sin City.

Chef2, TyWebb and LongTimeListener like this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That one's good.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The Rose Bowl, obviously. Iowa will have its hands full with Stanford, but if they can move the ball on the ground, the Hawkeyes will be in the game. Wish I could get there ...

As others noted, BYU-Utah is a great matchup that no longer happens during the regular season. It will be interesting to see how the Bronco Mendenhall factor plays out, too.

Ohio State-Notre Dame is another good one between teams that aren't too far apart geographically, yet rarely play.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I want them now!

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The GoDaddy Bowl in Mobile is an interesting contrast, Georgia Southern's triple option vs. Bowling Green's Baylor offense. However, that game lost a little heat with Dino Babers' defection to Syracuse.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why? Is Bowling Green going to run a different offense now? But yeah, I'm very much looking forward to that game as well.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I dunno. Having an interim coach for a bowl game makes you seem a little bush league.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Meh. That game will look pretty similar to the way it would have looked with the old coach. Same offense. Same plays. All that.

I'll take Bowling Green and lay the TD.

Draft saved Draft deleted