1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let the hating begin: Adam Sandler buys Mitch Albom script...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Jun 18, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From Variety:

Columbia Pictures and Happy Madison have made a preemptive acquisition for the feature writing debut of bestselling author Mitch Albom, which will be developed as a star vehicle for Happy Madison partner Adam Sandler.

The untitled project is a comedy with emotional elements set in the world of baseball. Deal, brought in by Happy Madison exec Heather Parry, sees Albom return to his stomping grounds. He cut his teeth as a sports columnist for the Detroit Free Press.

I guess they don't consider his infamous basketball column as feature writing!

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

One more Adam Sandler movie I can skip.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I need some time to digest this other than this should be moved to Anything Goes... the author and journalism ceased to meld years ago...

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mitchy will be right in his element: FICTION writing.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Damn! I was gonna post this.
    Sandler has done some fairly decent stuff and he's done some absolute shit. More than likely, this will end up in the crap category.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A washed-up former baseball player dies. Instead of going to Heaven, he goes to St. Louis, where he meets five people -- including his old college professor, Murray, where hilarity ensues...

7. Man, people are pretty bitter about this guy...

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

and since this is on the J-board, I'm behaving too...

9. NX

NX Member

I'll admit that I used to read everything Albom wrote and was even willing to forgive him for the basketball column. But when he said that it was more important to get the quotes that he lifted correct instead of giving credit to where he got them, I lost all respect.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Which one will Rob Schneider play?

11. MonitorLizard

MonitorLizard Member

Tuesdays with Moron?

12. chazp

chazp Active Member

Funniest post on SJ in weeks!

Draft saved Draft deleted