1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let me know if you can run this and how much it'll cost.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stupid, Jun 12, 2006.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

in georgia, it's split, girls jv, boys jv, girls, boys. They don't play on separate days like they do in the midwest.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Everyone knows it's because the local paper doesn't include her in the stories enough. :)

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Sure, most of the Class A schools have two gyms. But there's good size Class B schools that only have one band box size gym with the auditorium stage behind one basket.

We won't even talk about the smaller Class D schools and their 200 capacity gyms.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, under the current arrangement, they somehow figure out how to schedule game and practice time for both boys' basketball and girls' volleyball. Once volleyball moves to the fall, that opens up a bunch of gym time for both basketball teams to share.

Forty-nine other states somehow make it work. I'm sick and tired of screaming and caterwauling out of lazy-ass coaches and ADs that it "can't be done." It can.

5. Stupid

Stupid Member

In NC, volleyball is in the fall and basketball in the winter. There never seems to be a problem with gym time for varsity girls and boys and JV girls and boys teams. The game nights begin at 4:30 with JV boys, varsity girls tip off at 6 and varsity boys usually around 7:30. JV girls play at the same opponent.

However, I think having both soccer teams play in the fall would be a problem and there is no way both tennis teams could play in the same season. Every school I've seen has just 6 courts.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, it can be done.
    Why should it? Dont spew Title IX bullshit. The system works. The system is fair to all high schools.
    Fuck the AAU teams. Geezuz, you'll be praising Bob Becker next....

Draft saved Draft deleted