1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let me christen the first "American Idol" 2008 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Perfectly said. I've been sitting here trying to type something like that for 10 minutes.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I watched a little during my workout... and keep in mind I rarely watch this show...

Christie Lee Cook (I think that's her name) is my early favorite... totally hot and can sing, too :)

Beth Stalker... not as hot or as good a voice, but has that sensuality while she sings that is kinda sexy...

3. JLaff

JLaff Guest

Having just seen Alexis (or rather, seen and taken a few minutes to process what just happened), I'm pretty much losing faith in humanity.

I've never sat down to actually watch this show show before. I only tuned in to see what city they were in (I took pictures for my paper in San Diego), then I got hooked. I know half the people on there just want to grab their 15 minutes, but, jeez, does anyone care about their dignity anymore?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought the creepy guy could sing well and would have gone through if he hadn't given the FBI grounds to open a file on him. But even creepier than he was Simon offering to lead the goody-two-shoes to the dark side, whatevah that may mean. I think she had the best voice, but the gal from Oregon seems to be a better bet to make the final 12. And "Princess Leia" needed to be visited by Triumph.

The 16-year-old with the dying mom was crass, quesy exploitation at its worst.

5. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

That Cook girl. Well, if she was Columbo...

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Top 7 ratings for last season's Idol shows were these lame audition shows, so many people like the train wrecks. It seemed a little less piling-on bad than other years, although the only winner from the "victorious" aspiring vet/mental case was Fox.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i voted for mel renfro.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I cried at poor Temptress. The tears just killed me.

The rest of it was eh.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I liked the girl from Chicago who sang Stevie Wonder and the girl from Oregon who sang Amazing Grace. The rest? Not so much.

The Peter Falk guy? Just wrong in so many ways, but it kept me laughing.

10. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

If the girl from Chicago with the handicapped daughter has any kind of talent and makes it to the nationwide vote I don't see how she can lose. Who isn't going to vote for her?

11. FightScribe

FightScribe Member

I'm a big fan of the show and I think Christie Lee Cook has some real talent. I look forward to following her career. [/Tony Romo]

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

White people. [/scoop, sportsbruh]

Draft saved Draft deleted