1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let me christen the first "American Idol" 2008 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jan 15, 2008.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Read a report that Fantasia's brother auditions, makes it to Hollywood, but Simon says he is terrible.

He appears at Texas Stadium's audition Wednesday.

Also, Chris Sligh's brother is scheduled for an appearance, but nothing is said of his making it through.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If he's anywhere near the smartass his brother was, I'll root for him.

3. High school friend of mine's wife apparently made it to the final 150 and might appear, along with him, on one of the first nights.

I wish she'd have made it to Hollywood or however they do it. It would have given me a reason to watch this crap for the first time ever.

So it goes.

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

In case you won't have a chance to watch tonight, I'll break down what you should expect.

1. Three to four young gay men with no talent who have crushes on Simon Cowell
    2. One to two young gay men with no talent who think Paula Abdul is the bomb
    3. One homeless man or woman with mental issues will elicit belly laughs
    4. Paula drunk, the black guy saying "dawg" and Simon batting his eyes
    5. a few performances worthy of applause but still worse than you could hear at the nearest karaoke bar

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. 50-70 year-old person who "lied" about their age for 15 seconds of fame.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm watching the E! True Hollywood Story on Simon Cowell now. I didn't know how much he'd gone through in his late 20s/early 30s.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

If only the rest of America would follow your lead maybe the Idol craze would finally fade.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I will not be checking this thread tonight. I have to cover a game at 7:30, and will drive like the dickens to get home to watch it on Tivo immediately thereafter.

Happy Idoling, everyone! Oh, and DIE DIE DIE BYH!!!!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll text you. Nonstop, with details of the auditions. ha!

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I doubt it. That would involve your phone a.) being on or b.) being anywhere near your person. Which, as I've learned in nearly five years of friendship, NEVER HAPPENS.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's time!!!!

I'm really excited about this, especially since the rest of my shows are on reruns because the AMPTP sucks.

12. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Randy and Simon look like they really don't want to be there.

Draft saved Draft deleted