1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let me ask this Mariotti question....Updated by Moddy.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Jun 27, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Verbal: The Sun-Times lets Mariotti go. They wait until his wife and kids are in the ground and then they go after the rest of the mob. They kill his kids, They kill his wive\, they kill his parents and his parents' friends. They burns down the house he lives in and the stores they work in, they kill people that owe them money. And like that they were gone. Underground. Nobody has ever seen Mariotti since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. "Rat on us, and The Sun-Times will get you." And no-one ever really believes.

2. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

for those interested:
    http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/hottype/060630/

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd like to say I'm amazed.. but with all that he's said this week, i can't....
    What a spiteful little bitch he is...

What about that? host Phil Ponce asked Mariotti Monday evening on Chicago Tonight. Mariotti replied that “Blizzard of Oz” is clever and harmless. As for “Big Skirt”—it somehow vanished in Mariotti’s own blizzard of words. “If you’ve read my column I haven’t complained about me being called this name [fag],” he told Ponce. “I am detaching myself from it and looking at the manager of the White Sox who used a slur a year ago and—these are serious issues now, Phil—and why the commissioner of baseball would only give him a fine, which is probably light, and sensitivity training. . . . If this is all Ozzie is going to do, if this is just a silly little thing, then what is Ozzie going to gain out of it?”

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And can anyone tell me where this butch photo was taken of Eddie? Did he actually go outside Cell park, but not in it??

[​IMG]

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm past the point of caring, and I'm not sure that I ever did.
    Anyway, I'm more mesmerized by Mizzou's new animation. I just stared at it for, like, an hour.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Don't stop caring about it. It will make him scream even louder.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Slappy, i believe that is the ticket window at Wrigley Field...

8. rgd

rgd Guest

Yeah, looks like the ticket window down the first-base line, near the corner of Addison and Sheffield.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

What's that bulge in Jay's jacket pocket? Is he packing a snubnose for self-defense?

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Dude's digging that hole he's deeper every day.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What is a "hip salute?" Is that where you stick your ass at the guy, spread your cheeks, fart, what? That term is new to me.

12. 85bears

85bears Member

Mariotti goes to games. He sits in the press box, but he goes to games. He doesn't write from his couch.

Not defending him or anything. Just trying to make sure the facts are established.

Draft saved Draft deleted