1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let me ask this Mariotti question....Updated by Moddy.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Jun 27, 2006.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

If he doesn't go to the clubhouse/locker room, he might as well be on his couch.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

First of all, he doesn't sue. He just threatens to sue.

Second, if he gets run off or quits, he'll be okay. He'll probably move back into his daddy's basement.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I still don't know about that hip salute. Anyone?

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I presume that's a PBS-friendly euphemism for what Mariotti referred to in an earlier column -- Guillen coming up behind him naked and thrusting his hips as if he were bootsing him.

It's too bad Mariotti has no friends (at least in the business) who can tell him to just SHUT UP! The more he talks -- especially about how he might get yelled at in the Sox clubhouse -- the worse he sounds. I mean, if Lisa Olson can find he way back to the locker room after what she went through, Mariotti, whose problems don't even approach the hell Olson went through, should be able to.

5. During the Bulls-Heat series, he spent every minute of every game in the media room, watching the broadcast on TNT and not saying a word to anyone.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And during the handful of times I've seen him at Wrigley, he spent his time sitting by himself in a corner of the press box, not talking to anyone, and only leaving his seat to refill his cup in the media dining room.

Draft saved Draft deleted