1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lesser of two evils

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Here's my dilemma right now.
    I'm dieting, which means I can't eat something that will quell my hunger because it's 1:30 a.m. (didn't pack a dinner and the hot dog/chili combo at tonight's game was not appetizing in the least).
    I quit dipping cold turkey in Dec. 07. In that year I put on 10-15 pounds. Fiancee hates dip more than the extra lbs (PS She's dead asleep right now).

I bought a tin Monday. Haven't opened it.

My thinking is I either eat something and feel like shit about it, or have a dip, then feel guilty about that.

I think I can use dip productively as a tool when I get super hungry late-night.

Thoughts?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You don't have any fruits or veggies around? No baby carrots or apples or oranges? A couple slices of bread? Bread's not great for you late at night, but it's filling and it won't kill you or eat away the inside of your mouth.

3. KG

KG Active Member

Throw the can away. Find something, anything to eat instead of dipping.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

There's also answer C: just go to bed, end the threat.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

No tobacco, none at all.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fruit, man. I'm gonna chow down on this killer orange once I loosen the skin.

7. Rhody31

I ate the rest of the baby carrots when I got home.
    Fruit is gone - stupid fiancee ate my apples. Left me a kiwi (gross looking) and a blood orange (too tart).
    No microwave to heat cold veggies.

Stupid calorie counts. I would love to eat the leftover casserole we have or a bowl of cereal.

8. KG

KG Active Member

Mmmmm I just had one, and it was great.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't understand. So did you not eat the hot dog/chili combo? If not, then you should have plenty of calories left. If you did, then there's not a calorie count out there that would let you eat.

But it's better to go over by 100 calories than to dip. Every time.

10. Rhody31

I hate all of you.
    I didn't eat the hot dog/chili, but I don't want to consume a lot before I got to bed in an hour (hopefully).
    I'm cooking a small can of corn. 120 calories - a little more with a tiny bit of country crock or perhaps I'll mix ranch and red hot.

I talked to one of my buddies about my dilemma and he said "fuck it. when you get hungry, have a dip and stop being a bitch about it."

No dip tonight ... i promise.

11. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

And despite not being appetizing, you probably should have at least had a hotdog (some folks would be surprised at how not-bad they can be) because it's better to eat not-great-for-you food than to skip a meal.

12. Rhody31

I was hoping some of the pregame salad was going to be there but - surprising actually - it was long gone when i showed up.

Draft saved Draft deleted