1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Less than one year from "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hell, i only wish i could get away with wearing a diaper 24/7. it'd make life much easier.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dude, I wear one on the weekends. It's the best.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

One of the great Conan moments was when they had the basketball game with all those characters, including the guy on the ice toilet. And they cut to the masturbating bear's dad in the stands. He was, of course, masturbating.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

pure. fucking. genius.

hated conan for about the first six months i watched the show, then one night i got him ... but he's getting away from the genius that made him great.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Conan's pretty much my hero.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and we know your bar is set high, my friend.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I have many bars, and they're all at different heights.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Especially when the chair is consistently funnier than he ever is, has been or will be.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Kilborn was tremendous. "Oh, GORGEOUS Hollywood hills, Los Angeles, California..."

As for Conan, I find his monologue and sketch bits funny, but I absolutely cannot stand him as an interviewer. I admit I haven't watched as much in the last few months, but I watched him pretty regularly for years. It drove me crazy watching him ask somebody a question, the guest starts to answer - but gets promptly trampled by Conan doing his 'I'm wacky! Look at ME!' routine.

10. Boognish

Boognish Member

Nice to see another Craigers fan on here. I'm surprised there aren't more in this crowd - smarm being an official language and all.

11. That's taken off since Richter left. It was much harder to do with another guy out there, especially a guy you know. When Conan's in one-on-one mode these days, he can go unchecked. It's a little better when the first guest sticks around, especially if it's someone Conan's known for a while.

It's a lot harder to be a wackjob when someone you know and like is eyeing you warily from behind that guest. Sidekicks aren't just there to laugh at the jokes. Well, maybe Ed was.

Draft saved Draft deleted