1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lesbians turn on lesbians in battle of Lesbos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, I followed all right. But that's not the reason. Perhaps one of them, though.

2. The sixth season of Scrubs was made about 25 years after that calculator

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No, sir. That's my ex-girlfriend's calculator. I borrowed it in high school -- and college, maybe ... but definitely high school -- and never gave it back. She bought it in 1999. So it only predates the Scrubs series by two years.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow...interesting that the photo would have Scrubs in the background.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. I think the meaning of the phrase "turn on" as used here is the most disappointing part of this thread.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Residents of San Francisco are technically San Franhomocans.

It all makes sense.

7. Update: Judge hearing arguments in the case of Lesbians vs. lesbians.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSL1120797420080611

ATHENS (Reuters Life!) - A Greek court is considering a request by residents of the Aegean island of Lesbos to ban use of the word lesbian as a term to describe gay women, a court official said on Wednesday.

Three Lesbos residents brought the case, arguing that the use of the term "lesbian" in reference to gay women insults their identity.

The island of Lesbos, off the Turkish coast, is the birthplace of the ancient Greek poet Sappho, whose love poems inspired the term lesbian. The island has become a mecca for gay women the world over.

"The court heard both sides and will deliver a ruling on the case in two months at the latest," said a court official who declined to be named.

The plaintiffs, who argue the northern Aegean island's residents are the only true Lesbians, told the court the dispute was over identity and not sexuality.

"Gay women have every right to define themselves as they wish, but they don't have the right to appropriate our national identity," Lesbos resident Ioannis Achlioptas said.

At the packed courtroom, one of the islanders wore a badge that read "I am Paul and I am a Lesbian" and later unfurled a banner which read "If you are not from Lesbos, you are not a Lesbian".

"I have a hard time explaining to my daughter that we Lesbians are not homosexuals. My mother, my sister and my daughter are all Lesbians and it's incredible the amount of ridicule they suffer because of this," Achlioptas told the court.

Evangelia Vlami, representing the Gay and Lesbian Community of Greece, said such fears of ridicule were unfounded.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It looks like poor JD has been crushed beneath the weight of a giant calculator, and the Janitor is trying in vain to save his life with a squirt bottle of cleaning solution. There's a story behind that picture.

Another thought...Is the capital of Lesbos called Lesbopolis?

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If you're looking for a map of Lesbos on-line and you're at work I highly recommend turning safe-search on.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Why can't they just kiss and make up?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Because one side really wants to lick the other?

Draft saved Draft deleted