1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

leonard pitts on 'oppressed' whites

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Leonard Pitts hits a home run pretty much every time up.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is a stronger column of Pitts simply sticks to the facts that, yes, white victims get *plenty* of coverage. Laci Peterson, anyone?

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

YOu mean Rice and Powell who in a recent study were found to make up 72% of the airtime African American's had on Sunday morning talk shows?

You really are something else.....

**laughs**

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

it's mid-2007 and mr. pitts is citing a 2001 report. i'd say it's a little outdated.

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

So things have changed drastically in the last 6 years I guess. If that were the case, why'd change take so long prior to that?

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

7. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Pitts is a great read. He certainly has a strong point here, IMO, but I'm not sure if that final sentence is helping him out any, tone-wise.

No doubt, though, that he is one of my favorite columnists.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I think Pitts is the best columnist in the nation now. But he's giving these assholes exactly what they want, attention in a mainstream arena. I wouldn't know this blogger Michael Oliver from Oliver Twist if I hadn't read his name in Pitts' column. Why is Pitts, syndicated to a gazillion papers, responding to some blogger as if he's legit? Google "Michael Oliver" and "mainstream media" and mostly you'll get the same Pitts column on various newspapers' Web sites. Getting ripped in a Pitts column is likely the high point of blogger Michael Oliver's life.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted