1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lent

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I was going to say I'm giving up going to Church, but I did that last year. (looks like that's an over on the 5 1/2 number),

Rather than give something up, I take the opposite approach, and try to do something positive. This year I will make it a point to make every lenten Friday a charitable event, and post-work, I will stop and make charitable donations to Tiffany, Montana, Crystal and Candy at the Pink Pony.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I want to give up looking at the ad of the Asian guy getting a wedgie, but, perversly, I'm drawn to it...

I'll be giving up fried foods this year. This is the first year I've done this. Maybe it'll stick.

And no, I'm not Catholic, but United Methodists, which is like Catholisim without the guilt.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am giving up the use of spell checker and going at it cold turkey till Easter.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'm not Catholic, not religious at all for that matter, but I like the idea of Lent so I am doing Lent Solidarity for the fourth year in a row. I'm giving up all sodas and all caffeine, and gonna try the no meat on Friday thing, too.

5. I'm giving up Judaism. I want to see how you guys live for a few weeks...

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I won't kill any bus loads of orphans for the fifth consecutive year.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

notice how she didn't say men.

*runs away*

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I think she meant fast food and slow boys.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You too, huh? I'm going to give up pop for the fourth straight year, each time with the thought of continuing the ban past Lent to spark a health kick. For the most part, it's worked. I only hopped on the wagon the past two months or so, but it's gotten to be too much of late. Probably because I went on a pop binge, knowing this would come soon enough.

Unfortunately, I've had the stomach bug the past 24 hours. So the two-liter bottles of Code Red and A&M that I hoped to guzzle down the last two days are still sitting there in the fridge. This sucks.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I had a friend give up fast food, then make an exception for Subway since it was fresh food fast.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Absolute wrong time of year to be giving up fast food (too bad SubWay doesn't have a window). I do like the idea of giving up swearing though.

Draft saved Draft deleted